HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Voltron/Go Lion/Dairugger XV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZeroRei

PostSubject: Voltron/Go Lion/Dairugger XV    Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So, am I the only one who really likes Voltron? It is all on Netflix Instant and it's pretty groovy. It's pretty much the classic ur example of giant robots and was what made them so popular in the US, though at the time Japan was suffering from a glut of giant robot anime hot on the heels of Gundam and Mazinger Z, and that is why Go Lion and Dairugger XV failed to make an impact in it's native country, while being new and exciting for kids in America.

Voltron was made out of two different shows, Beast King Go Lion and Dairugger XV, giving us Lion Voltron and Vehicle Voltron. The dubbers originally wanted Mirai Robo Daltanious, a show that, like Go Lion, was about a giant robot with the visiage of a lion. However, World Events Productions asked Toei for "the one with the lions" and got BKGL instead, which they liked a lot over MRD.

Interesting fact: In Go Lion, a character, Sven, was killed off. In Voltron, they changed it to say he was just injured really badly and had to be taken off the team to recover. However, in Japan, what fans Go Lion had really liked Sven, so Toei brought in Sven's identical cousin. When they got to that part in Voltron, they just said Sven was fully healed.
Back to top Go down
bloodmuffins
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voltron/Go Lion/Dairugger XV    Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:22 pm

It sounds like an interesting show, from what you've said. Gotta say I've never seen it~ I'm always interested in watching old classic things, though, so I'll probably see it eventually.

I also find your "interesting fact" very amusing. I love how the US versions of things always make things less violent and such.
Back to top Go down
http://animefever.forumotion.com
ZeroRei

PostSubject: Re: Voltron/Go Lion/Dairugger XV    Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:37 am

bloodmuffins wrote:

I also find your "interesting fact" very amusing. I love how the US versions of things always make things less violent and such.

And it actually ended up working for the better! It is almost exactly like Power Rangers years later. As you probably know, PR was adapted from Super Sentai, Zyuranger specifically, and in Zyuranger the Green Ranger was killed. Of course, in Power Rangers he was not, and being a huge fan favorite, they brought him back in the costume of a ranger from a later Sentai.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voltron/Go Lion/Dairugger XV    

Back to top Go down

Voltron/Go Lion/Dairugger XV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1