Anime vs. Manga

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bloodmuffins
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Anime vs. Manga   Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:53 am

Do you generally prefer anime or manga?

To me it usually depends on the series, but in general I prefer anime because it's easier and more enjoyable to watch the characters move around and speak than it is to read and see still pictures. The coloring in anime is also more appealing. With that said, though, I find manga far more convenient. Getting through a volume takes between 30 minutes and an hour (for me) and that one volume will cover way more material than an episode of anime would in roughly the same amount of time. Also, I can bring volumes of manga with me to school to read during free time in classes, but I don't have any means of watching anime unless I have a TV or computer with me.
Back to top Go down
http://animefever.forumotion.com
ZeroRei

PostSubject: Re: Anime vs. Manga   Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:29 am

Manga, all the way. Anime has so. Much. Filler. I feel like it takes an hour to do anything! Of course, the only manga I have read along with the anime recently is Naruto, and other anime could be a lot better with it. A lot of Naruto episodes you could squeeze two, three, sometimes even four chapters in.

Oh, and I also read the Deadman Wonderland manga ahead of the anime on Toonami. The anime ended early, but it had a lot more exposition and made things a bit clearer. The manga's first few chapters are REALLY rough, and it takes awhile for the writer to find his voice, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
bloodmuffins
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime vs. Manga   Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:43 am

See, sometimes I like filler. I've heard in some of the more mainstream series (Bleach, Naruto, etc) that they have like whole seasons of filler, and I would agree that that's a little much. In your standard 12 or 24 episode series, though, I like having a couple episodes of filler 'cause I feel like it lets me get to know the characters better. Yay for character development? =P
Back to top Go down
Kairen

PostSubject: Re: Anime vs. Manga   Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:05 pm

I really have a preference for anime. Maybe because of the timing of the episodes. It seems to last a lot longer for me than manga. I remember purchasing the Azumanga Daioh! Omnibus and getting through it within little time at all, but the anime seemed to last much longer than that.

Plus, I find it cool to see what they do with a good manga in an episode and see what positive changes they can make (altho, many make some clearly negative changes). Good thing about anime as well is the music. Music adds such a depth of emotion that the manga cannot express at the same level.

So, I prefer anime :3 But I do love to read manga as well :3
Back to top Go down
ZeroRei

PostSubject: Re: Anime vs. Manga   Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:14 pm

bloodmuffins wrote:
See, sometimes I like filler. I've heard in some of the more mainstream series (Bleach, Naruto, etc) that they have like whole seasons of filler

Eighty episodes of Naruto filler...eighty episodes...
Back to top Go down
bloodmuffins
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime vs. Manga   Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:17 am

@Zero~ Yeah, that's a little extreme...
Back to top Go down
Wulfie
Youngster
Youngster

PostSubject: Re: Anime vs. Manga   Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:48 am

I prefer manga, but I've always been more of a reader then a watcher. It's funny though, if I watch an anime, then read a manga, I hear their voices in my head as I'm reading the lines >>

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime vs. Manga   Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:39 am

Lol, that happens to me too.
Back to top Go down
Anshel
Adolescent
Adolescent

PostSubject: Re: Anime vs. Manga   Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:20 pm

I guess it depends for me. I can't think of many examples of where I prefer manga over anime, but one big one would be Fruits Basket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime vs. Manga   

Back to top Go down

Anime vs. Manga
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1