Share | 

What conventions have you been to?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bloodmuffins
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: What conventions have you been to?   Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:02 pm

Who's been to a convention?! Which one was it? How long have you been going to them? What do you usually do there? Have any interesting stories to share?

I've been to the last four Anime Centrals, which is known to be the biggest midwest anime convention and is near Chicago. I usually cosplay at least some of the days, and even if I don't, I at least wear other fun things like a tail or something. I like going to panels, and their rave is really fun. Mostly I go to buy things, though xP

I also went to KaroshiCon in 2011, which was a very tiny con run by the Northern Illinois University's anime club. I saw a hilarious panel, and even though their dealer's room was small, it had some really nice things in it. I got a T-shirt that says "Will Work For Manga," which is actually true and was something I'd joked about when Borders was going out of business, so it was funny to see. I also bought out one table's entire manga selection. It was like 16-20 volumes for $90, which was a good deal. They were all in really good condition, too. So that made the manga collector in me very happy xD
Back to top Go down
http://animefever.forumotion.com
Kairen

PostSubject: Re: What conventions have you been to?   Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:05 am

Anime Weekend Atlanta this year. It was fantastic. It was my first year going. I bought a nice fluffy tail and ears to wear around, and I had a lot of fun visiting the dealers and seeing many of the fun events. I even got a full video of a H. Naoto fashion show :3 Awesome awesome :3
Back to top Go down

What conventions have you been to?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1